Tuesday, April 29

3 Words

All five of us were at staff meeting today. There will be a day when we look back and laugh about "remember when it was just us 5?" We went from 2 to 5 in less than a year, so 5 still seems like a pretty big staff to us.

Amy gave us a report from her experience at the Willow Creek Children's Ministry Conference. From the sounds of things it was a jam-packed deal with a lot of great sessions and insights. God is blessing our children's ministry and we all look forward to seeing what is next for "The Factory"!

We took some time in today's meeting to do something called '3 Words'. I asked them if I could share the results as I thought it might be interesting for others to see. Here it is:
1. If I was to sum up what God is doing in our church in 3 words...
refreshing, unbelievable, mental, stretching, challenging, blessing...
2. If I was to sum up what God is doing in my ministry in 3 words...
building, growing, transforming, stretching, revitalizing, encouraging, worrisome, humbling...
3. If I was to sum up what God is doing in me in 3 words...
stretching, breaking, teaching, forgiving, testing...
4. If I was to sum up what I need to do to grow and go to the next level in 3 words...
prayer, others, selfless, compassion, community, courage, lead, listen, learn, balance, organization...

What would you say?

No comments: