Monday, June 23

Yesterday

Yesterday was awesome. I say it all the time, but it truly was another impacting day @ Crosspoint! Here are the highlights
- It didn't take me 10 minutes to walk to church and I looked 'less' like I was 90 years old!
- It's getting harder to move people into the sanctuary when the service starts. We really need to get the lobby LCD patched in to the new Mac in the sanctuary. But, it's good that folks are enjoying the coffee and the fellowship!
- Worship was smokin'! We did an opening set, then I set up (verbally) communion, and then we continued to worship. It was the extended worship set that I think we've needed for a few weeks. Great job Ruthie, John, Eric, Amanda, Shea and Jeff!
- Communion. We keep fiddlin with ways for people to 'come and take' communion rather than us 'serving' communion to them while they sit in a pew. I felt as though many people did business with God before and during communion.
- Pastor Conard brought an excellent sermon on "Gentleness" as we continued the "Juicy Fruit" series. Conard's blend of personal experiences and poignant scriptures really made the sermon stick in our heads. Great job!
- Another excellent crowd for this time of year.

In other happenings...
- We had 7 females in our home Saturday night. I really need more man time! Hope had a friend from Moncton down for the week. Autumn had a friend from Moncton down for the week. Their cousin Jessica arrived from Ontario. She's with us for the next 3 weeks. Add in Gayla and Judy and you get 7!
- We returned 2 of the 7 to Moncton yesterday. Hope and other Crosspointers attended the Kutless/Barlow Girl concert at the Moncton Coliseum last night.
- We got to enjoy dinner with some friends from Moncton. (Great job on the steaks Ralph!)

Another week is underway. Pastor Amy and Laura are here gearing up for the big Slip n Slide tonight. I'm drinking a cup of Java Moose and thinking that I'm going to need another coffee before the morning is done! We're looking forward to the conclusion of the Juicy Fruit series this Sunday. I'm really feeling as though God has something we all need to hear/experience this coming Sunday. The theme is "Self-Control".

Who can you invite to church this Sunday?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

IT WAS AN AWSOME SERVICE. EVERY SUNDAY I LOOK ATHE THE CHURCH FILLLING UP AND IM AMAZED , AND I FELT LIKE YOU THAT ALOT OF PEOPLE DID BUSINESS WITH GOD YESTERDAY. I WAS STRUCK WITH A THOUGHT YESTERDAY. WHEN KAREN WAS DIAGNOSED WITH CANCER THE CHURCH CAME TOGEATHER AND PRAYED FOR HER AND ASKLED GOD TO HEAL HER, AT THE TIME I WAS PRAYING KNEW IN MY HEART THAT GOD HAD THE POWER TO HEAL HER AND WOULD IF IT WAS IN HIS PLAN. AND WHEN ONE OF THE LADIES THA SIT WITH AVIS TOLD ME SHE WAS CLEAR OF CANCER I WAS AMAZED AT THE SAME TIME EXPECTIONG IT. YESTERDAY A THOUGHT CAME TO ME. WHAY AM I AMAZED.