I am currently taking my masters in leadership from IWU. The course I am taking right now is the "Leadership of Preaching". One of my assigments is to create a dialogue tool for the weekly sermon. My idea is to create a sermon blog where people can discuss past sermons, current series and upcoming topics. Since I am without a preaching post, pulpit, soapbox or even a music stand, I am going to ask some of the group who took my all-day "Teaching for Transformation" in Zephyr Hills, Florida to visit this blog and comment accordingly.
If you are preaching every week, have you considered administering some type of communication tool with your congregation to get feed back and discussion on the sermon?
From the Florida District "Teaching for Transformation" Event:
1. Did you find the event to be helpful? Why or why not?
2. Was the written outline helpful?
3. Was the power point helpful?
4. Did I seem prepared?
5. Was I clear and easy to follow?
6. Was there enough time for discussion and questions?
7. What would you change about the presentation?
8. Have you applied anything from the event yet? What were the results?
9. What would you like to see covered in future events?
10. Anything else?
Thanks for your time and help!