Most of us can tell when we are physically growing. Like right after Christmas and New Year's and a massive road trip from Indiana to Ottawa to Orlando and back to Indiana!
But, how do we know when we are spiritually growing?
I just received an excellent article today from Discipleship Journal. In it Donald Whitney gives 10 questions to help you discern whether you are maturing spiritually. Here is the link to the article and here are the questions in abbreviated form:
10 Questions to Ask To Make Sure You Are Still Growing 2 Peter 3:18
1. Are you more thirsty for God? Psalm 42:1; Phil 3:10
2. Are you more and more loving? 1 John 4:7
3. Are you more sensitive to and aware of God than ever before? Romans 6:11
4. Are you governed more and more by God's Word? 2 Tim 3:16-17
5. Are you concerned more and more with the physical and spiritual needs of others? Luke 9:11
6. Are you more and more concerned with the Church and the Kingdom of God? Ephesians 5:25
7. Are the disciplines of the Christian life more and more important to you? 1 Timothy 4:7
8. Are you more and more aware of your sin? 1 Tim 1:15
9. Are you more and more willing to forgive others? Ephesians 4:32
10. Are you thinking more and more of heaven and of being with the Lord Jesus? Phil 1:23-24
Here is the link: http://www.navpress.com/EPubs/PrinterFriendly/1/1.97.9.html